Star Wars: The Old Republic released its roadmap for 2014 today through an open letter from Senior Producer Bruce Maclean.
The highlight of the announcement is the confirmation that SWTOR will see two digital expansions in 2014, just like last year. Get the full details after the jump.
Maclean wrote of the upcoming expansions:
“Expect to see two digital expansions in 2014 just like you did last year, with one similar to Galactic Starfighter in scope and one more closely resembling Rise of the Hutt Cartel.”
Also of note in the roadmap is that one of last year’s expansions, the Galactic Starfighter PVP Update, will go free-to-play tomorrow, February 4.
The roadmap also has details on the next two major patches in April and June which include new flashpoints, nightmare modes, a new Huttball Warzone and new ships for Galactic Starfighter.
One consequence of all this new content is that SWTOR will now be going to nine weeks between major content updates, up one week from last year. Maclean said this is to work on ironing out bugs so that the patches are smoother for all players.
Here is the full list of updates coming through June.
- February 4th: Game Update 2.6 – Galactic Starfighter Digital Expansion, Free-to-Play Launch
- Galactic Starfighter is now available to Free-to-Play players
- SIX new Galactic Starfighter ships featuring a new ship role, the Bomber – tough support ships that deploy mines and drones on the battlefield. They can even place Hyperspace Beacons which function as mobile respawn points for their allies!
- This update also introduces Galactic Starfighter Detailed Scoreboards with loads of new post-match information about your battle performance
- Your personal Galactic Starfighter Battle Record with detailed lifetime battle stats, and the ability to link each stat to chat
- Kuat Drive Yards is a vital starship construction site that is of interest to both factions, and forms the setting for a new modular type of flashpoint that contains different scenarios each time you play it. Kuat Drive Yards Tactical Flashpoint scales in difficulty with your level and is available to players starting at level 15
- March 14th – March 17th: Double XP weekend!
- April 8th: Game Update 2.7
- Two new Flashpoints on Tython and Korriban where the Empire and Republic confront each other directly, initiating a new storyline that will span updates across the entire year until its galaxy-shaking finale
- Nightmare Mode Dread Fortress Operation and a new tier of gear
- New Huttball Warzone on Quesh
- New Galactic Starfighter Battle Zone
- June 10th: Game Update 2.8
- Nightmare Mode Dread Palace Operation
- New ships and an entirely new Ship Role for Galactic Starfighter
- And much more… this is going to be the biggest update up to this point – we will reveal more once we are a bit closer to June